Click a letter to find more topics
Articles about 'Planning':
- Building regulations Technical guidelines that Building Standards have to follow
- Building warrants (FAQ's) Find out about Building Standard's building warrant process and other information by our frequently asked questions.
- Local Development Plan Under the terms of emerging legislation from the Scottish Government, the council will be required to prepare a local development plan (LDP) for the area.
- Local and statutory development plans Provides guidance through policies and plans on the location of development across West Lothian in terms of proposed land uses for new larger scale developments.
- Planning - advice and guidance A list of general questions the planning service is often asked
- Planning - applications How we determine planning applications, and the other types of applications we deal with.
- Planning - consultations Information on supplementary guidance, development briefs and other policy issues
- Planning - decisions, appeals and reviews How to find out about a planning application decision and what to do to appeal a decision made on your application if you have been refused or if you disagree with a condition on your consent.
- Planning - enforcement Planning enforcement investigates building works or changes of use which appear to have been carried out without planning permission, and checks approved developments to make sure they comply with their consent. We focus on issues which cause environmental harm or seriously affect people's privacy or quality of life.
- Planning - policies Information on Supplementary Planning Guidance and Developer Contribution Policies
- Planning - service and performance Feedback on what people think about our service
- Planning - view planning applications or submit a comment View the details of planning applications and make a comment/objection on new applications.
- Planning and Building Standards The main purpose of the Building Standards Service is to make sure that buildings comply with the Building (Scotland) Act 2003 which became law on the 1st May 2005. Development Management: provides advice, guidance and forms on planning permission. Development Planning and Environment provide advice on national plan policy guidance, structure plans, local plans, listed buildings, conservation areas, information & statistics, and environmental issues.
- Rural development LEADER aims, using a bottom-up approach, to build stronger, richer local communities and business networks. Through building human capital, innovation and co-operation the Local Action Group (LAG) aims to tackle local community development objectives.
- Strategic Development Plan The Edinburgh and South East Scotland Strategic Development Plan Authority (SESplan), which was designated by Scottish Ministers on 25 June 2008 comprises the City of Edinburgh, East Lothian, Midlothian, Fife, Scottish Borders and West Lothian Councils. The key role of SESplan is to prepare and maintain an up to date strategic development plan (SDP) for the area.
- West Lothian Local Plan The West Lothian Local Plan provides guidance on the location of development across West Lothian, based on meeting the requirements set by the approved Edinburgh & the Lothians Structure Plan 2015.