Click a letter to find more topics
Articles about 'Environmental health':
- Animal regulations and licences Environmental Health and Trading Standards enforce a variety of legislation relating to animals, animal health and animal feed.
- Environmental Health - Infectious Diseases Environmental Health are proactive and reactive in investigating and controlling instances of food or water-borne diseases and infections within West Lothian.
- Environmental Health - Licences The Environmental Health team will: monitor and control the operation of all premises in which animals are boarded, sold or kept; identify all houses in multiple occupation; monitor and control conditions in premises which require to have a licence under the various Acts; monitor and control conditions in caravan sites.
- Environmental health - food Environmental Health provide guidance and advice with regard to Food Safety in addition to carrying out inspections and investigating complaints.
- Environmental health and food safety
- Health and safety Environmental Health investigate accidents, work-related diseases and dangerous occurrences reported to the service, taking enforcement action where necessary and giving advice as appropriate.
- Multiple Occupancy Homes Environmental Health can advise and investigate all aspects of Houses in Multiple Occupation
- Noise pollution Environmental Health has responsibility for investigating most types of noise problem in West Lothian.
- Pest control The council's pest control investigate and, where necessary, treat premises and land where designated pests are found.
- Pollution Responsibility for pollution is shared between West Lothian Council and the Scottish Environment Protection Agency.
- Pollution - water Responsibility for water quality and poltion is shared between West Lothian Council and the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA).
- Pollution control - asbestos Environmental Health provide advice on the safe disposal of asbestos.
- Pollution control - water Responsibility for water quality and poltion is shared between West Lothian Council and the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA).
- Support for businesses - information for food business Access the form to register your food business with Environmental Health.
- Vehicle Emissions If you leave your vehicle idling when you are stationary you are contributing to air pollution.