Licences - fairgrounds
Fairgrounds and funfairs, including those for Gala days require to be licensed within West Lothian. Fairgrounds and funfairs are considered public entertainment and as such the operators and organisers must ensure that they have a valid licence.
Any person who requires a public entertainment licence for a particular event or date must submit an application on the appropriate form along with the correct fee to West Lothian Connected, 16a Almondvale Centre, Livingston at least 35 days prior to that event or date to allow the application to be processed.
Note: where less than 35 days notice is given the council will not process the application and any fee paid will be refunded.
Fees for a licence application and renewal received before 1 April 2013:
- Initial Grant (1 Year) = £114.00
- Renewal (1 Year) = £85.00
- Temporary = £79.00
Fees for a licence application and renewal received after 1 April 2013:
- Initial Grant (1 Year) = £117.99
- Renewal (1 Year) = £87.98
- Temporary = £81.77
Application forms are available from the link on this page, further information may be obtained from the Licensing Team on 01506 281632, or by sending an e-mail
- Miscellaneous Licensing Fees 2013/14 (PDF, 51kb)
- Public Entertainment Licence (Business or Organisation) Application Form (PDF, 151kb)
- Public Entertainment Licence (Individual) Application Form (PDF, 141kb)
- Public Entertainment Licence Stake Holders Briefing Document (PDF, 16)
- Standard Conditions - Public Entertainment Funfairs (PDF, 16kb)