This website works best using cookies. Allow cookies?


Licences - entertainment


If you are organising an event involving entertainment which is open to the public you may need a licence. If your event involves any of the type of entertainment contained within the council's revised Public Entertainment resolution. Please note that the law changed as from 1 April 2012 and even free events may require a licence. Further information on public entertainment licences can be obtained by clicking on the link on the left of this page.

If you are organising an event in a public place and this will also involve the selling (e.g. stalls selling food and other items) or the provision of services for money (e.g. facepainting) you may also require additional licences such as street traders licences or market operator licences.

For more information on street traders: (new window)

For more information on market operators: (new window)

If you involves the sale of alcohol  you will also need an occasional licence if the alcohol is not being sold from a licensed premises.

For more information on alcohol licences: (new window)

More information can be obtained from the Licensing Team on 01506 281632 or by e-mail

Updated: 05/02/2014

lady on a mobile phone

Trading Standards

Advice, support and conciliation service on the supply of goods and services to consumers.
Supplementary Planning Guidance

Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG)

SPG documents and developer contribution policies for applicants.
older lady

Advice Shop

Confidential help and advice on a range of issues.
planning applications

Online Planning Applications

Find a planning application using our online system...
Pay your Council Tax School holiday activities click here for councillors' surgeries Click here for information on benefit changes