- Business and trade
- Business rates
- Conference, meeting and event venues
- Countryside and farming
- Emergency and business continuity planning
- Health and safety
- Land and property
- Planning and Building Standards
- Regeneration and town centre management
- Shopping and Markets
- Sponsorship and advertising
- Support for businesses
- Tenders and Contracts
- Trading standards
- Venue hire and hall bookings
Commercial land and property
As a major owner of commercial property for business and industry, with a portfolio of more than 500 office, industrial and retail properties throughout West Lothian, West Lothian Council can help businesses find property to suit their needs. Our commercial properties are managed by the councils Property Management and Development Team (new window) .
- Business starter units suitable for a variety of light industrial and office uses
- Approximately 200 small industrial units from 90 to 180 sq.m (c 1000 to 2000 sq. ft), which are let on easy in, easy out terms
- Over 40 larger industrial units of 180 to 3100 sq.m (c 2000 to 33000 sq.ft.)
- Office accommodation in multi-storey blocks and modern self-contained buildings
- In excess of 100 shops, in both prime locations and local shopping parades
To find out more about leasing property from the council, visit our Council Property Page (new window) .
The council provides a comprehensive search facility (new window) to help local and migrant businesses to find industrial, office and retail property to suit their needs. By selecting the location, size and type of property you are looking for you can see what is available for sale or lease from all private landlords and property owners, as well as from the council. If you enter West Lothian Council as the agent, you can see if the council has any property that meets your needs. You will need to register to get access, but you can then tailor your search to see what options are available.